The advantages of round wood cabins
- Apparent density lower than the realitvely high resistance. Compared to other main metrial density of construction (masonry, reinforced concrete, steel, etc.) you may find that the wood is 3.5 to 16 times more light and the ratio of the strength to density is a comparable value for the wood and steel, booth compressive and tensile.
- Lightweight wood makes the fact that all constructions built from this material to present a favorable reaction to the seismic action, can be placed more easily on difficult land and needs less materials on the structure of the foundation.
- Easy processing and shaping of the wood both in the factory and on the site, due to its low resistance to processing, with the possibility of construction in every season, but without requiring special construction measures. Speed of execution is great, by removing specific construction work for wet concrete and masonry, the commissioning of the wood construction is possible immediately after completion of work.
- The existence of several assembly systems, with the possibility of dismantling and partial or total recovery of construction elements.
- The possibility of some special forms and gauges which are difficult or even impossible to achieve with other building materials.
- Thermal properties are favorable for construction. Compared to steel, concrete or even brick, wood has:
-coefficient of thermal conductivity (λ) is much lower, which justifies its use as a material for thermal insulation with good efficiency. Wood objects to a thermal resistance to the passage of a stream of heat through it, of 300-400 times larger than steel and 7-10 times higher than concrete.
-the coefficient of linear thermal expansion along the fibres (α) is reduced and that factor makes required thermal expansion joints in wooden constructions to be unnecessary and present a good behaviour in terms of resistance to fire. For wood, the coefficient α is 4 • 10-6 …5 • 10-6, approx. 2-3 times smaller than the coefficient of thermal expansion for steel and reinforced concrete.
- High Durability of wooden building, situated in optimal working conditions in terms of environmental issue, maintenance expenses are the current type except the exterior finish that requires regular maintenance (paint at 7 …8 years). The interventions of the wooden elements for the consolidation or restoration, are made easy and on the spot.
- Relatively good behaviour in terms of resistance to fire. Wood, although it is a combustible material, it behaves well in terms of structural fire resistance because of the massive elements consumed relatively slowly, at a rate of 0,5. 0,7 mm/minute, implying a decrease in cross section of 1 cm on each side in a quarter of an hour while fire temperature can reach 700-800 degrees C. On the other hand, the strength and stiffness of wood inside the charred remain virtually unchanged.
- The possibility to reuse the wood after a period of usage, to build other elements for building and its use for energy production can be used to reduce waste.
- Architectural Features and the sensation of warmth given by the wood is making it to be used not only as a structural material and also as a finishing material or for esthetic effects.
- The ability to associate wood with steel or concrete for mixed and effective structures.
For GENEX COM SRL woodworking is an art which we practice with an experience of over 20 years offering our clients products of the highest standards of production and quality.